Friday, February 1, 2008

A Friday Night in February


I'm sitting at my computer, finishing up a bit of work. My wife is laying back on the bed with her Nintendo DS. After years of wondering whether it could possibly be done, I have finally managed to achieve the one feat which I am convinced is all that's required for someone like me to secure a beautiful, funny, talented wife:

I got her interested in video games.

Turning back to look at her, I see her completely absorbed in her game of Mario Kart, to the point of swinging the DS around in Stevie Wonder-like swoops to make her turns.

I grab her by the knees and say, "Honey, I can't believe I've turned you into a video game nerd!"

Very urgently, in the manner of someone shooing a child away from a sleeping cobra, she replies:

"Baby. Baby. Stop. You're gonna get me killed."

Yeah, not entirely sure how I didn't see that one coming.

2 comments:

Guðný Anna said...

Öldungis frábærlega vel af sér vikið. Hvenær á nýi nördinn afmæli?

Unknown said...

Mroe blog!